The Setai Miami Beach
2001 Collins Ave Miami Beach, FL 33139
Greater Miami: Miami Beach
Some important information about your hotel.
- The month of August marks the commencement of The Tower & Art Deco buildings' annual revitalization period, during which significant refurbishment projects are planned.
- This year, the property is embarking on several major projects to enhance and improve The Setai product for our guests. Starting August 5, 2013, these projects include the reconstruction of The Pool & Beach Restaurant; closure and resurfacing of all three-pools and decks; and replacement of all window glass in the Art Deco building. The projects are slated to conclude in late November 2013.
126 rooms, 40 floors
The Setai is an intimate, serene oceanfront resort in the heart of South Beach.
Its design vision artfully combines the rich architectural history of the neighborhood and its cultural diversity with the International Art Deco movement, particularly its influence in Asia. Infused with natural materials, space and light, The Setai bears the unmistakable imprint of legendary hotelier Adrian Zecha. The Art Deco landmark building was originally built between 1936 - 1938 as the famed Dempsey Vanderbilt Hotel. Next to it is our 40-story glass tower that surpasses all around it in elevation, views and design.
The Setai comprises two buildings, different yet built on the same foundations of superlative service and exceptional design. The impeccable details of each guest room are exemplified by authentic jade pieces that were discovered in the antique markets of China and displayed to perfection on teak walls. Spacious. Stunning. Serene. The Setai awaits.
The property offers three magnificent azure pools, each maintained at a separate temperature. From the more moderate 75-degrees, ideal for aquatic activity, to the 95-degree waters where guests prefer to linger. At the gates of the property lie the white sand and turquoise waters of South Beach. Whether you choose to spend your day by one of the three pools or at the beach in front of The Setai, the service will elevate your experience. Available by the pools or on the beach, the day-beds allow you to linger by the water in complete comfort. The full service includes towels, water, magazines and iPods for your use while you enjoy the sun. Select from a menu of light fare and refreshing beverages available from the pool-side restaurant. The beach service also includes a range of jet skis for rent. You can also enjoying refreshments in the courtyard, or in the dining pods, punctuated by water pools.
The Setai charges a $20 per night Resort Fee for Portage Service, Pool and Beach Services.
Number of Bars in Hotel: 2
Number of Restaurants in Hotel: 3
The Setai Restaurant
Type of Cuisine- Trans-Ethnic
Price range- 25-85 USD
Suitable attire- Smart casual
Reservations Required- recommended.
At the exquisite restaurant- Setai - guests can dine in air-conditioned sophisticated comfort. The Restaurant- Setai- with its seasoned chef and impressive exhibition kitchen- combines the finest and freshest ingredients from around the globe to create trans-ethnic cuisine that includes Authenic Thai/Chinese and Indian / tandoor/as well as modern American Comfort foods.
The Pool/Beach Bar
For those who take pleasure in lounging by the pool or on the beach, The Beach Bar, a 90-foot poolside bar stretching virtually the entire length of the pool deck, offers a quintessential atmosphere in which guests can enjoy cool beverages and grilled Mediterranean-style dishes.
- Closed from July 15 thru Oct 31, 2013 for renovations.
Enjoy European dishes with an emphasis on French and Mediterranean. Served as small or large plates, tapas style paired with fine wines from our extensive list.
- FLL - 25 Mi / 40 Km
- OPF - 18 Mi / 29 Km
- MIA - 12 Mi / 19 Km
- Coral Gables - 15 Mi / 24 Km
- Bal Harbour - 7 Mi / 11 Km
- Palm Beach - 70 Mi / 113 Km
- Key Biscayne - 15 Mi / 24 Km
- Miami - 6 Mi / 10 Km
- Miami Beach - 0 Mi / 0 Km
- Bass Museum Of Art - 0 Mi / 0 Km
- Jackie Gleason Theater - 0 Mi / 0 Km
- Ballet Theater Of Miami - 0 Mi / 0 Km
- Miami Beach Conv Ctr - 0 Mi / 0 Km
- Miami Intl Airport - 12 Mi / 19 Km
- MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPO - 12 Mi / 19 Km