Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel
2024 Seawall Blvd Galveston, TX 77550
Some important information about your hotel.
- Guests must show current, government-issued proof of identity at the time of check-in. Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges. Rooms will not be rented to minors under the age of 21.
224 rooms, 8 floors
Since 1911, gracious hospitality, comfort and old world charm have been the standard at the grand dame of all Island hotels. Located on the Gulf of Mexico and a stretch from all of Galveston's year-round attractions, Hotel Galvez has hosted generations of families from around the world. Feel the historic ambiance from the moment you arrive via the newly completed grand circular drive. Inside you'll see lovely gold leaf topped columns, a mahogany ceiling and period stenciling. These details are part of what earned this property the name, 'Queen of the Gulf'. Just across the street, Galveston's beaches have been widened, making them bigger and better than ever. A world like no other lies 50 miles from Houston, just beyond the causeway - making Hotel Galvez a glorious Island escape.
The hotel offers the charm and ambiance of yesterday, with all of today's modern conveniences. Enjoy wireless Internet access. All 224 guest rooms and suites offer an incomparable view of Galveston Island. You'll feel pampered throughout your stay.
Enjoy a refreshing swim in our heated pool, relax in the Jacuzzi, indulge in your favorite refreshments at our swimup bar or dine at our outdoor grill. Towels are available poolside.
Whether you want a quick snack, a business lunch or a romantic dinner, Bernardo's at the Hotel Galvez, will fit the bill with choices that are fresh, distinctive and delicious. Savor Gulf Coast seafood with a view of the ocean or enjoy an intimate meal in your room. Treat yourself to our award-winning Sunday Champagne Brunch or relax with a casual meal by the pool.
We welcome your pets (under 25 pounds) on your Galveston getaway for a one time fee of $75. Pets may not be left in your guest room unattended and are not allowed in hotel public spaces such as the restaurant, bar, spa, lobby, or health club. Pets over 25 pounds are not permitted. Please advise the front desk at check in that you are traveling with your pet.
Meal Plans Available at Property -
Additional Meal Plan Description -
Additional Charges May Apply
Meals Served - Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner
From 0530Hrs To 2200Hrs Mon-Sun
From 0000Hrs To 0000Hrs
From 0000Hrs To 0000Hrs
Restaurant Description -
Offers Traditional Nouvelle Cuisine Featuring Fresh
Gulf Coast Seafood And An Excellent Sunday Champagne
Brunch. Live Pianist 11AM To 3PM During Brunch
- GLS - 10 Mi / 16 Km
- IAH - 75 Mi / 121 Km
- HOU - 45 Mi / 72 Km
- Moody Gardens - 5 Mi / 8 Km
- Bishops Palace - 2 Mi / 3 Km
- Galveston Island Con Cen - 1 Mi / 2 Km
- Galveston Country Club - 11 Mi / 18 Km
- University Of Texas Med - 1 Mi / 2 Km
- American National Insur - 2 Mi / 3 Km
- Gulf Of Mexico - 1 Mi / 2 Km
- Port Of Galveston - 1 Mi / 2 Km
- Us Army Corp Of Engineers - 2 Mi / 3 Km
- Lone Star Flight Museum - 5 Mi / 8 Km
- Texas Seaport Museum - 1 Mi / 2 Km
- Texas A And M University - 6 Mi / 10 Km
- Schlitterbahn Water Park - 5 Mi / 8 Km
- Gulf Greyhound Dog Track - 16 Mi / 26 Km
- Moody Mansion And Museum - 1 Mi / 2 Km